Majority of Chinese universities offer two types of master’s degrees: course-based (taught) and research-based. You can study these programs for different qualifications such as Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Research (MRes), Master in Business Administration (MBA) and more.
For international students, Chinese universities offer English-taught master’s programs that are internationally recognized. International students whose first language is not English may need to pass a language test before they can be accepted to the program.
The normal length of a full-time master’s program is two years with a select few completed in three years. The academic year starts in the spring semester which starts in March and ends in mid July and the fall semester which starts in mid September and ends in January. However, semester dates my vary depending on the length of the summer break and Chinese New Year.
The tuition fee varies according to your field of study. MBA programs are known to be more expensive than other master’s programs. If you send your university application early, you can apply for funding through Chinese government and university scholarships.
Basic admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree, valid passport, two letters of recommendation and medical examination.
There are so many options to study master’s in English in China. Here are some of the most popular:
1. Apply online here.
2. Submit your application materials and pay for the application fee of your intended program.
3. The admissions committee at your university will review your application.
4. You will get an update from China Admissions about your application
5. An admission letter will be sent out to you so you can start your studies in China.
Applicants for Master’s program must have attained a bachelor’s degree and students who graduated from non-Chinese universities must hold a bachelor’s degree from a university accredited by the Ministry of Education of China.
1. Fully filled out application form online and the required documents will be listed on the application platform.
2. Graduation certificate and degree diploma
3. Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present, must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English.
4. Personal statement letter
5. Two recommendation letters from your referees
6. Photocopy of your passport